Now Accepting Scholarship Applications!
Music Doing Good believes that students who wish to deepen their instrumental or vocal studies through private lessons should have the opportunity to do so, regardless of their financial situation. Music Doing Good Scholarships help offset the financial strain that lessons put on students and their families.
Houston-area music students in 4th-12th grade who wish to pursue music studies are encouraged to apply for Music Doing Good Scholarships, which provide funding for private lessons, music workshops and tuition through educational institutions.
Scholarships range from $250 to $1500. Materials must be submitted electronically before Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Awards will be announced by email on Friday, April 13, 2018. Concerts featuring the top 20 recipients of the 2018 scholarships will take place at University of St. Thomas, Cullen Hall, 4001 Mt. Vernon, 77006 on Saturday, June 9, 2018.
¡°Our application review process is carefully designed to acknowledge both talent and the transformative power of music, particularly for students whose financial situation inhibits or prevents the possibility of private lessons. Family finances and essay questions about the role music plays in the student¡¯s life comprise 70% of the overall score. Independently screened recordings make up the remaining 30%. We also encourage students to give back to the community and ¡°do good¡± with their music by performing in retirement centers and hospitals across the greater Houston area,¡± states Rodney Waters, Music Doing Good with Scholarships program director
Start Your Application Today!